Monday, August 1, 2011

Why I want to be a midwife.

I believe that the birth experience matters more than its given credit for, for mom and baby.

I want woman, couples, and families to experience the true wonderment that is bringing forth life.

I want words like, "amazing", "ecstatic", "beautiful", "peaceful" and "exactly what I wanted" to be the words used when a woman recalls her birth experience.

I want to be the person a woman turns to to voice her fears and concerns in the knowledge that I truly care and will listen and help her through those moments.

I want to help and watch as a woman becomes empowered by her birth experience.

I LOVE bellies and babies.

I want to be a wealth of knowledge and information so that at any point if I am questioned, I can answer.

I want to pull back the "curtain" of fear surrounding birth to anyone who wants to take a peek.

I want to help someone else avoid unnecessary birth trauma.

I want to help someone recover from birth trauma.

I want to show that there is a different way to give birth, a better way, a way that they may not have thought was possible.

and most of all, I have never in my life felt something so deep in my soul, so pulled towards, so destined for, as this.

I know its going to be a long and sometimes difficult journey. I know there will be days and moments I will feel completely drained, physically and emotionally. I know I have A LOT to learn. But I'm ready. I am ready like I don't think I have ever been ready for anything before.

So here we go...

1 comment:

  1. You are SO amazing!! You are going to be a great Midwife.

    ReplyDelete